Population of main urban zones:
Copenhagen (1,331,000); Aarhus (280,600); Odense (180,300); Aalborg (117,400); Esbjerg (72,100); Randers (62,500); Kolding (61,200); Horsens (59,500); Vejle (57,700); Roskilde (51,300); Herning (50,400)
The population of Denmark is 86.9% of Danish origin (including Inuit and Faroese). The other 13.1% are of foreign origin (of which 36% are of western origin and 64% of non-western origin). Most common countries of origin are Poland, Turkey, Germany, Iraq, Romania, Syria, Somalia, Iran and Afghanistan.
Danish is the official language of Denmark, Greenland and the Faeroe Islands. Both Greenland and the Faeroe Islands have their own languages as well, which most of the people speak, but Danish is used for official purposes and taught in schools.
Other Languages Spoken:
English is the predominant second language. Small minorities, mostly in Southern Denmark, speak German.
Danes are generally accustomed to using English, especially business people and government agencies.
Protestants 91%, Catholics 2%, Others 7%.
It is %T:%M %A In Copenhagen
Exchange Rate on
National Currency: Danish kroner (DKK)
Type of State:
Denmark (official name: Kingdom of Denmark) is a constitutional monarchy based on parliamentary democracy.
Type of Economy:
High-income economy, OECD member.
6th in the world in terms of GDP per capita; The economy suffers from relatively low productivity
HDI (World Rank):
Note: (*) The HDI, Human Development Index, is an Indicator Which Synthesizes Several Data Such as Life Expectancy, Level of Education, Professional Careers, Access to Culture etc.
To call from Denmark, dial 00
To call Denmark, dial +45
54.9 per 100 Inhabitants
43.5 per 100 Inhabitants
93.0 per 100 Inhabitants
Access to Electricity:
100% of the Population
© eexpand, All Rights Reserved.
Latest Update: September 2023